HELP: ASUS M3A board, Vista 32 Ultimate, wont boot after network install
- From: Moby <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:10:21 +0900
Assembling a HTPC for a friend.
Have a ASUS M3A board.
Athlon AM2 4400+, 2 gig ram, and Gigabyte GeForce 8500GT PCIe video
Install Vista 32 Ultimate no probs.
Then I pop in the ASUS disk and install the network driver.
Reboot (sometimes it dont finish install, sits at end forever)
Starts to load Vista, gets to bit with green squares go left to right,
You can occasiaonally move mouse in steps (like an IRQ conflict)
Didnt have latest BIOS, so updated with the 2008 BIOS, and downloaded
the latest NIC drivers.
If I boot in safe mode, and check device manager, it has about 8
entries under the NIC.
So, whats going on?????
Alan Stuart downunder in Perth, Oz
Local Weather: http://mobywx.ozflightsim.com/wx
Stuff for sale: http://www.moby58.com/forsale
* Remove NOSPAM.AND.EGGS. from email address for replies.
And just to try and stop spammers:
tosspam@xxxxxxx, abuse@xxxxxxx, abuse@xxxxxxxxx, abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx,
abuse@xxxxxxx, abuse@xxxxxxxxxx, abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, uce@xxxxxxx,
Making life REAL hard for spammers with:
- Prev by Date: Re: DDR 3 and X38
- Next by Date: P5N-E SLI unstable - until reboot...
- Previous by thread: A8N-E Revert Bios back from 1013 to older Bios
- Next by thread: P5N-E SLI unstable - until reboot...