Re: M2N-E BIOS Update (maybe?) - Solved

Somewhere on teh interweb Fitz typed:
Solution- used a different floppy, which accepted the file transfer
and re-flashed the BIOS using EZ Flash 2. Completed the full process
through verification. I don't know why the other floppy was bad- it
had only been around for 8 years or so!

Thanks for the help

Fitz

Crazy! I'm not the paranoid type but even I only use new, OOTB floppies for
BIOS flashes. They're what, 50c each? Compare that to the damage and expense
of repairing/replacing that a bad BIOS flash can do and.....

Ehhh.
--
TTFN,

Shaun.

  • Re: panteltje.com server down due to technical problem
    ... Reboot, BIOS checksum error, insert system floppy disk.... ... Anyways, I found an old win98 floppy, but how to get that flash utility and BIOS image on it??? ... You can just plug those in the USB of the laptop and can mount it as mass storage device in Linux. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: panteltje.com server down due to technical problem
    ... Reboot, BIOS checksum error, insert system floppy disk.... ... Anyways, I found an old win98 floppy, but how to get that flash utility and BIOS image on it??? ... You can just plug those in the USB of the laptop and can mount it as mass storage device in Linux. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: How do I Update my BIOS?
    ... Nothing else outside of the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and floppy drive are connected to the system. ... The problem is that I've never updated a BIOS before, the instructions in the manual are poorly written, and they appear to be for someone using Windows 98 anyway. ... As long as the flash chip is say, ... People used to install MSDOS to the hard drive. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: flash replacing hard disks?
    ... >>to burn a CD-RW to flash a BIOS. ... >>We then tried to install a real floppy drive but we found all floppies ... Floppy drives day is LONG gone IMO, ... Might help for BIOS flash. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)
  • Re: How can I flash the Bios with out a flopy drive?
    ... I use live update and it offers me a bios upgrade that will allow faster socket A processors. ... But it only allows bios flash from floppy in Dos not from windows because I'm using NTFS. ... That whole area of USB bootability is somewhat fraught, I know of at least a ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)