Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe - Does it do SATA2?
- From: "Bob Knowlden" <nkbob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:20:39 -0400
I probably shouldn't have written about the Raptors, as I have no personal experience with them. (I'm too cheap, I suppose.)
The Abit forums have some quasi-information:
It sounds like there's no consistent failure of Raptors with P35 boards. I've had good luck with my Abit IP35 Pro based system; even the RAID 10 array works. (I doubt that RAID was worth the trouble, but it's currently the done thing in "enthusiast" machines.)
"Joe Mama" <bloodywanker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:47209505$0$30557$5a62ac22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bob Knowlden wrote:Got any more info on that problem, by any chance? I've just upgraded most of my system (to a P35 motherboard), but kept my WD Raptor, and have been thinking that HD access "feels" a bit sluggish and weird. Would love to get some insight, if you've got a link handy, please.
I have read suggestions that WD Raptor drives (10k RPM) have problems with mainboards that use the Intel P35 chipset, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.
- Prev by Date: Re: Cannot Instal Windows 64
- Next by Date: Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe - Does it do SATA2?
- Previous by thread: Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe - Does it do SATA2?
- Next by thread: Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe - Does it do SATA2?