A7N8X-E Deluxe problems
- From: "John" <herbieadslREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:02:29 +0100
I'll say right away that I don't know much about computers but it seems that
I know more than my friend who rings me when he's having problems. I haven't
got a clue on this one though - hope someone can help :o)
I've not seen it yet (I'm going to see him tomorrow - just thought I might
"be prepared" with your help) but this is the info he sent me in an email
Apparently, his computer uses an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard. He knows
this because, on powering up the machine, it doesn't boot up properly - it
just gets stuck on a fancy, flashy-looking screen that says "Asus A7N8X-E
Deluxe" and goes no further.
There are no error messages and no beeps. He said that the machine used to
"talk" to him, ie, a "voice" POST, as in, "System completed Power On Self
Test. Computer now booting from operating system" but it doesn't do that
anymore - and it doesn't say any error messages either.
Any idea what's wrong?
- Prev by Date: Re: WHEW!! Fixed It (was: What did BIOS 2205 do to my motherboard?)
- Next by Date: Re: Anyone try P5W DH Deluxe/BIOS 2205 Beta/E6X50 Combo
- Previous by thread: Upgrading Mirrored HDDs
- Next by thread: Re: A7N8X-E Deluxe problems