M2N-E SLI can't find SATA drive properly
- From: "Joe101" <fake@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 02:16:26 -0500
M2N-E SLI can't find SATA drives properly
This is a new installation.
I have two Western Digital 320 GB SATA drives.
The regular CMOS/BIOS finds both drives and reports proper size of 320GB.
I start to load XP Pro all goes well until it is time to partition drives in
For some reason it sees both drives with only 131GB followeg by ATAPI, which
I believe is an IDE.
When I accept the 131GB and hit ENTER, all seems to go well until after the
first boot from C:\ drive
at which time I get a Blue screen with white text message as follows:
A problem has been detedted and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error
screen, restart your computer. If this screen reappears again follow these
The steps relate to removing extra drives and checking for disk related
problems. Nothing works. Each time the Blue screen comes back. I suspect
it is not seeing the SATA properly possibly as ATAPI's ????
Help would be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: how to isolate raid corruption
- Next by Date: Re: Faulty Hard Drive?
- Previous by thread: P4P800 and 4GB RAM?
- Next by thread: Re: M2N-E SLI can't find SATA drive properly