K8N - Sempron 2600+ L&C psu

Last night I firgued out AMD Athlon 1.4ghz (once ran on MSI KT7 266 mobo) uses 89 watts
while Sempron 2600+ uses only 62 watts so by using this logic I know it can be done - I
swapped that MSI mobo out for a new K8N s754 with Sempron 2600+ (128kb L2 - ugh
I know but it IS 64bit), eVGA 6200 128mb agp and added Kingston DDR400 2x256mb
while retaining CD and two WD hdd - 40gb & 4.3gb. I "repaired" WinXP to WinXP SP2
without any majoy problems.

But what about the PSU? L&C LC-B350ATX. I know that the PSU isn't good for hi-perf
set up but this hardware installation are all low performance but decent enough -
should work well. Sandra 2007 reports the voltage as pictured here.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5230/4voltsk8nvm2.jpg

4..01 volts on line -12v??? wtf? (ASUS' cmos showed that as well.)

Hell, I fiddled around for hours and played some games last night and today. Nothing's
wrong with it. I must be lucky....?

  • Re: cheap low power base unit for server?
    ... Atom, however the VIA boards are lower power (but slower, not an issue ... in it and it sucks about 45 watts. ... the original145 watt mini ATX psu fitted in this ... sturdily made and had space to fit the extra two drives, using MoBo ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Misc low power server questions.
    ... this leaves the remaining 22 or so watts accounted for by ... the original145 watt mini ATX psu fitted in this ... sturdily made and had space to fit the extra two drives, using MoBo ... limited if you have a specific requirement (like low power, 4 x SATA, ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Power supply calculators
    ... Recommended wattage of 253 watts. ... I'd look for a PSU that has a split-load 12V line. ... wonder what the MTBF / MTTF hours rating figure is?). ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: XP Pro hangs on hibernate or suspend with GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev 2.0)
    ... MY PSU Is 550 Watts, with more than enough current for this mobo. ... >> hibenate or suspend with no problem, ... > Maybe the graphic card drivers dont cooperate well with your new mobo. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How many watts will I need in a PSU?
    ... I will buy a branded (possibly corsair), "quiet" PSU. ... How many watts ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)