Re: Can I use Intel Mobile Pentium 4 on Asus P4PE

I have used Mobile P4's on a desktop motherboard. It may run [VERY] slow, because without speedstep support the CPU may operate at the low-power speedstep settings, but it should post and run in most cases.

Sophie Prunelle wrote:
Hello,

Do you known if I can use Intel Mobile Pentium 4 on an Asus P4PE ?

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL726
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL726.html

http://support.asus.com/ say P4PE support Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz, but say noting about Mobile Pentium 4

(Of course, all these cpu are socket 478)

  • Re: Inspiron 5100 upgrade questioin
    ... I don't know why the BIOS update would fail. ... I have installed a mobile Pentium 4 CPU in a desktop motherboard, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Inspiron 5100 upgrade questioin
    ... I don't know if the 5100 BIOS will accept a mobile Pentium 4 CPU. ... I have installed a mobile Pentium 4 CPU in a desktop motherboard, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: P4PE and 3.06HT Problems
    ... I have an Antec 400W Power supply. ... >> this CPU. ... >You lucky dog :-) You bought a Mobile P4. ... Usually, when they first start, the clock is 100MHz, the ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: P4PE and 3.06HT Problems
    ... I have an Antec 400W Power supply. ... > this CPU. ... You lucky dog :-) You bought a Mobile P4. ... the clock is at 133MHz. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: redhat 8 on laptop problem
    ... In article, Peter Sels wrote: ... > I got some more debugging info now. ... > Your CPU does not have a local APIC, eg mobile P6. ...
    (alt.os.linux)