Re: When will we see a cheap conroe board

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

select Search CPU using: CPU
select: Intel Core processor
select: Core 2 Duo of your choice

btw see this page for intel chipsets that support core 2 duo as well:
http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/express_flyer.htm

"Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
There are current conroe boards? I'm not aware of any.

[The 975 CHIPSET will support Conroe, but while necessary, that is not
sufficient to imply that a 975 MOTHERBOARD will support Conroe, and I'm
not aware of any motherboard whose manufacturer explicitly warrants that
it will support Conroe. And that includes Asus with the P5WD2-E
Premium, whose status relative to Conroe is, as far as I know,
indefinite.]

Conroe comes out on July 23rd, a week from Sunday (Intel price changes
are releases are often scheduled for Sundays]. Presumably we will
virtually every motherboard releasing a whole range of motherboards at
about that time.

ridergroov wrote:
Hey folks. I don't really feel like shelling out 230 beans for the
current Conroe boards. When will these come down? I'm not sure how
long that usually takes and I am trying ot plan my upgrade attack.
Thanks.

  • Re: 64-bit Workstation Configuration Help Needed
    ... and a dell 690 workstation can support ... matrix-matrix mults and on out of core scratch disk IO for storing the ... AMD Opteron vs INTEL; ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: system keeps freezing once every 24 hours / random apps crashing
    ... >>Right now i booted the kernel with nomce since one never knows with dell ... MCE's indicate a hardware problem, ... update of the intel microcode made a difference. ... # ACPI Support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: I have found the cause on the car makers bail-out and it is Me
    ... see "support the local mertients" signs. ... They thought that they could replace manufacturing with finance. ... if you think that Intel designs it's ICs here or that it even does ... thousands of US citizens in well paid research, design, marketing, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: I have found the cause on the car makers bail-out and it is Me
    ... see "support the local mertients" signs. ... So, if there was more money to be made by them by simply outsourcing manufacturing requirements to cheaper labor markets, that's exactly what they did. ... BTW, if you think that Intel designs it's ICs here or that it even does most of it's research here, I've got a bridge to sell you. ... thousands of US citizens in well paid research, design, marketing, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Windows XP and Ivy Bridge processor?
    ... Do have a more recent AMD AM3 triple core that helps some, ... SMP support in the OS ... It is likely his video editor is single-threaded which means the entire ... after the executable image is loaded in memory and control passed to it ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)