Asus P5P800 SE doesn't like SATA drive in XP, Winme or 98!

I have a brand new system, dual core, 1 gig of memory, 320 Seagate SATA
HD - and when I try to install XP (the first OS I tried), when it
reboots it gives me an error
about my hardware.
I also tried to install Win98/Winme for good measure and the same
problem.
The bios recognizes the SATA drive, but it seems like WinXP doesn't
like it - any ideas?
I have tried XP boot disk from the net and they boot, but it sticks at
the blue screen of death telling me that some piece of my hardware is
causing it...
I just went through the CD that came with the motherboard -=
ASUSP5P800SE and there are no drivers for the SATA drive on it.
It is separated into four categories :
Audio, Lan, Chipset, USB2 and in all of the folders there is NOTHING
about a SATA drvie. Where should I go?
I was read that the winxp doesn't need the drivers for this - which is
the complete opposite, so I am stuck...

  • Re: 2 SATA drives and 1 IDE drive Not Recognized
    ... All the drivers you need should be on the Disk that came with the Motherboard. ... But you should be able to use the Windows ... But I was unable to install the SATA drivers prior to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Installing Windows XP on SATA HDD
    ... A couple of possibly related items about SATA and RAID: ... Install drivers from floppy via F6. ... I copied only the drivers to a floppy. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: I had IDE hard drive and now want to restore disc image onto new SATA drive
    ... I had an IDE hard drive but they installed a new SATA hard ... (without SATA drivers). ... how and when do I then install the SATA ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: error message " no controller found"
    ... Is your computer now booting from SATA? ... controller drivers can be installed in the "normal" way, ... WinXP during Setup. ... telling how to use that floppy to install the drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: MCE2005 will not clean install. Help!
    ... you shouldn't need 'SATA drivers'. ... I am not trying to "install an MCE system on top of, ... I'm stuck at the blue "Setup is starting WindowsXP" screen. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)