Re: How much should motherboard temp be?

The temperature limit for that CPU is 70 C so you are very safe at 37 C.

--
DaveW

----------------
"kimiraikkonen" <kimiraikkonen85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,
I have P4B533 and i was using it with Celeron 1.7. My motherboard's
temperature was always under CPU temp, then i upgraded to P4 2.4 GHZ
but sometimes they're equal or sometimes mobo is hotter than cpu when
NO LOAD. When no load sometimes mobo temp is around 36-37 celcius (not
fahreneit), depending on temperature of air and seasons...

Absolutely, when system runs at full load, CPU is much hotter than
mobo.

My question is: How much a P4 motherboardd temperature should be in
actual? What's the real temp thresholds for a motherboard especially
for ASUS?

I'm looking forward to see experts' messages.

Regards.

kimiraikkonen

  • Re: OT Has w7 slowed down recently
    ... Fairly classic symptom of clogged up heatsink fins allowing the cpu ... Monitoring tools are a convenient way to check cpu temperature ... That MBM5 monitoring tool is quite old, as was pointed out on the ... Whilst it might be more complex to configure for your MoBo, ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Pentium 4 CPU temps
    ... Most PC under load doesn't run 100% CPU load ... If you _really_ want to max out the cpu temperature, ... I see a temperature rise of a mere 6 to 7 deg between idle and Prime95 ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: OT Has w7 slowed down recently
    ... to attain a high enough temperature for it to throttle down. ... CPU was being worked hard, I found the fins of the CPU heatsink were ... motherboard temperatures, the various voltages, the fan speeds etc. ... That MBM5 monitoring tool is quite old, as was pointed out on the ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Is 67deg C hot for an AMD Athlon XP 3200 2.19GHz processor
    ... It happened again this morning when the CPU ... Although the MoBo temp seems a little on the warm side (MoBo temps are ... the system box temperature, ... run just fine at a slightly lower Vcore setting, ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Have you changed a a PSU fan?
    ... temperature, and comments on this would be appreciated. ... then your CPU is at perfect temperatures. ... As has already been stated by Dorothy Bradbury, the type of fan ... The real upper temperature environmental limitation is set by the hard ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)