Re: P5P800 SE and Pentium D 940 CPU?

According to ASUS, the P5P800 SE will support up to a Pentium D 960 with
BIOS revision 0704.

Go here:

and in the "Search CPU Using" dropdown box, select "Motherboard." Find your
"Type" and "Name" and it'll spit out a compatibility grid.

Robert J. Salvi, Ambiance Acoustics
San Diego, CA USA
(858) 485-7514

"Ken" <krlorenz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
One more time - different alternative! I currently have a P5P800 with an
"old" Pentium 540J (3.2) processor. I want to keep my AGP video card and
the 2 Gig of DDR 400 memory etc. while upgrading to a dual core processor.
Does the P5P800 SE MB support the Pentium D 940 processor? The processor
cost looks reasonable but... has Intel reduced the price recently based on
the release of the Core 2 Duo line of processors? Does the 900 series
really run any cooler than the old 500 series that I use to heat the

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FBSD and and the sk() network driver
    ... supported processors in the documentation. ... bet if it supports Prescott it will support the Pent D as well. ... The Pentium D is Socket 775, but a whole board change is required. ...
  • Re: Old Gateway Solo 2500
    ... cpu socket. ... does this chipset support Pentium2 ... processors with freq up to 400 MHz (while still supporting MMX CPUs)? ... It has a Pentium 233 MMX. ...
  • Re: Ia32
    ... Note that K6 CPUs do not support CMOVxx instructions, ... A few 486 CPUs supported it, all Pentium class ones do (though the ... Cyrix 6x86 needed it to be enabled by the BIOS), ...
  • Re: [patch] Performance Counters for Linux, v3
    ... They involve Pentium Pro, Pentium II, 32-bit Athlon, 64-bit Athlon, ... For those archs that do not support it, it will just fail to open. ...
  • Old Gateway Solo 2500
    ... It has Pentium 233 MMX cpu ... I have opened the laptop and checked the motherboard - it has an MMC1 ... does this chipset support Pentium2 ...