Re: Graphics card power Q
- From: "DRS" <drs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 03:34:22 +1000
"Paul" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
For the hard drive cable, the Gainward adapter converts
two Molex plugs to a plug for the card. If we assume 5A
is the total current, it is OK for the two Molex plugs
to be plugged into the same cable. If my power estimate
is wrong, and the current draw was way more than 5A, I would
probably try to use two separate disk drive cables, to
feed the adapter. Or, if the new power supply already
has a video card power plug, that would certainly be
safe to use.
I have an Antec NeoHE 500, which came with two such PCIe power cables. Much
nicer than using the Molex Y-cable that came with the video card.
- Prev by Date: Re: ethernet on A8N-SLI Deluxe
- Next by Date: Re: Can't write to ESCD. Atmel AT49X002ANT, Winbound 29c020 substitute OKay?
- Previous by thread: Re: Graphics card power Q
- Next by thread: Re: Graphics card power Q