Athlon64 2800 Socket754

Hi everybody.
An old fellow over the street from me was having problems with his computer
and I offered to help. To keep it short the problem is his CPU. I said to
contact the company that sold the computer to him and he said they have gone
belly up and are no longer around. Not a problem I thought so I said to go
straight to AMD and as long as he had the purchase reciept he should get
warranty. The catch is that they can't seem to find the reciept for the
computer which was bought around June 2005. He does have the box that the
CPU and heatsink and fan came in as the seller told him to keep the boxes
that all the parts come in just in case of warranty. I don't really want to
become involved between him and AMD so I thought I would ask if anyone here
has had a similar problem with an AMD CPU.
I did say to just go out and buy a Sempron to get him going again but he
says that as a pensioner he can't see his way clear at this time to fork out
another $100 or so.
Anybody got any ideas please? Our location is the Gold Coast, Australia.
Cheers.

  • Re: What if Nvida bought AMD next year????
    ... Why would you think AMD has no good reason to continue? ... I know AMD/ATI have not been as quick in coming out with new chips lately, and it to some degree seems like they are now trying to play "catch up" with Intel. ... The future is to integrate the GPU and CPU into one chip, which will basically be a multi-core GPU with some firmware to allow it to function as a multi-core CPU. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • AMD or Intel: performance, price and ethics
    ... The first thing to decide is obviously whether to use a AMD or Intel ... CPU. ... so why pay the extra price? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Processor upgrade
    ... and there's compiling for the extra CPU capabilities ... switch to AMD --- ... instead of a hexcore the individial core is only 1.4 times ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: stuttering video part 2
    ... I guess a second and unrelated question to the stuttering was ... If use the BIOS to turn off a CPU then all applications will be affected ... The AMD dual core CPU driver had a ... Until AMD fixes the problem that they admitted to you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Laptop Needed - Help with Specs
    ... The E1505 is offered with the buyer's choice of CPU, thee are about 5 to 10 choices at any given time (the choices vary somewhat even from day-to-day; for example, today, the low end choice is the T2050, on other days it's the T2300 and some days both are offered. ... Network Card - Integrated 10/100 Network Card ... probably opt for the 1 Yr Ltd Warranty and At-Home Service) Qauestion: ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)