Re: ASUS mainboard upgrade question P4B533-Deluxe to newer ASUS that supports dual core
- From: Roscoe P Pendoscoe <mrshade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:12:33 -0500
On Sun, 28 May 2006 15:58:15 -0700, "DaveW" <somewhere@xxxxxxxx>
Sorry, but no can do. Your older CPU that you have uses a 478 socket. The
new dual core CPU use 775 sockets. Not compatible. You'll have to wait
until you can buy the motherboard and compatible dual core CPU at the same
Thanks for the info guys. I figured that was going to be the issue.
Knowledge is like money, the less you talk about it
the more people assume you have.
- Prev by Date: Re: A7S8X dual display problem
- Next by Date: Re: Conroe in stores July 23rd (Core Duo 2)
- Previous by thread: Re: ASUS mainboard upgrade question P4B533-Deluxe to newer ASUS that supports dual core
- Next by thread: P55T2P4 - DVD Video Player