Re: Asus A8N-VM CSM MAINBOARD and large ide

Are you trying to format as FAT32?

Is the capacity Limit Jumper (CLJ) on the drive in place?

"someone" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In this PC, I already got 4 SATA drives. Now I ma running out of space,
so I brought an Seagate 300GB IDE connect to 2n IDE controller ( already
have optical drives DVD and DVD on 1st one) with cable select. nothing
else is on the 2nd controller.

Booting into XP Pro (with latest updates), login with an admin. acct, try
to set up the disk, I discover I either use basic disk and limit myself to
a max partition size of 28GB or have to use dynamic volume.

Is there another way that I format the entire drive as one big volume. the
SATA drives are using Media shield drivers. I thought IDE can part of the
Raid also but apparently not, it did not show anything about IDE

What can I do?

  • Re: conflict of software Nero Recordnow Drivers - or ??
    ... disk package anywhere. ... If Not when Would I format a disk? ... For most normal disc burning projects, music CDs, playable DVDs, Photo CDs, ... I know I did have DLA, On both drives and I was using when asked if I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: reformatting xp
    ... to do a low level format just to delete one partition. ... In order to do a very clean install you may want to download and ... format your primary partition and install XP. ... drives) and i just want to format one of the partitions. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 24/96
    ... but not to record in that format. ... It cost about $800 and replaced my portable DAT recorder - that cost about $800 some ten years prior and no longer worked. ... I've just never had anyone ask if I could record their show at 96 kHz or DSD, but I'd certainly do that if asked, and not charge any more for it other than what the client pays for backup media. ... And with the norm these days being terabyte drives, it's too easy to put a dozen projects on a single drive. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: raw file system ?
    ... I think my PC has gone loco, the last accessable floppy I ... without floppies. ... My floppy A drive cannot format a brand ... Many computers no longer include floppy drives these days. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Format
    ... When I try to format one partition, it tells me that I am not ... > format from the Windows XP CD? ... > disk and then use Fdisk to delete your hard drives partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)