Re: New A8R32-MVP based system coming..
- From: GaryR <GaryR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:39:33 -0400
On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:13:57 +1000, "DRS" <drs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since the A8R32-MVP uses passive cooling and the P180 installs the
motherboard upside down you will have issues with chipset cooling as the
heatsink will be below the heat source rather than above it. This
arrangement may also make cable length an issue. I consider the more
conventional P160 superior to the P180 (although Antec only supply one 120mm
case fan and it needs two).
Unless I read it wrong, the P180 comes with 3 120mm fans standard, I
would *think* that would be enough to move air around to help with
passive cooling but if not i'll figure something else out.
If the Plextor DVD is SATA Google this group and others on difficulties many
people have had getting SATA optical drives recognised and be sure it will
work in your configuration.
The Plextor model is - PLEXTOR Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL
18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache
E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner included Replaceable beige front bezel - Retail
It should work out fine..
Thanks for the info!
- Prev by Date: Re: New A8R32-MVP based system coming..
- Next by Date: USB boot with P3C-E ?
- Previous by thread: Re: New A8R32-MVP based system coming..
- Next by thread: Re: New A8R32-MVP based system coming..