Re: Geforce2 GTS Passive Cooling?

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 14:51:12 -0700, Mark A wrote:

"fred" <lazlaw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

How big was the heatsink? Thanks for the reply.

Lazlow

I left the existing heatsink on, just removed the fan. You can buy those
video cards used on EBay for about $5 plus shipping.

I have an extra zalman(sp) for a northbridge. So if the round heatsink
that came with the card will cool it the northbridge should do a great job.

Thanks
Lazlow

  • Re: SWAP: P4 1.5 + MB for AthlonXP chip + board
    ... prefer a mainboard with a heatsink on the northbridge, not a fan. ... This is going in a light-use server which will be sitting under my desk so needs to be as silent as possible. ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: !!WARNING !! Intel Core 2 Duo Stock Heatsinks !! WARNING!!
    ... Northbridge stands a chance of running hotter. ... Note that some unified chipsets (just one chip does both the ... you may want to include a fan on the replacement heatsink. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: motherboard fan not working
    ... Northbridge chips can overheat unless they are actively cooled (with a fan), ... chip or a heatsink is not a good idea. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Geforce2 GTS Passive Cooling?
    ... I left the existing heatsink on, just removed the fan. ... video cards used on EBay for about $5 plus shipping. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: WTD: 1Tb HDD
    ... running the file copying operation using QuiXplorer via FreeNAS's webgui ... it at 0% on data drives which don't need it. ... A cool heatsink should be investigated. ... indicating the effectiveness of its attached fan. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)