Re: A7V133 memory problems

interesrting...
I would check for the leaky capacitors..
and then check voltages possibly a bad power supply..

I had a simialr problem that turn out to be a supply..

"Michael Taylor" <mike@(nospam)mtcs.ltd.uk> wrote in message
I've been using Crucial memory on this A7V133 board (2 x 512Mb PC133 CL2
SDRAM - CT64M64S4D7E) for just under a year, then the PC became unstable,
sometimes freezing during BIOS load (PNP locate) or when the OS (WinXP
pro) was running.

A memtest showed the memory had become faulty. I've just received
replacement memory from Crucial (same sort of SDRAM), and this time the PC
would re-boot after 2 minutes of running memtest. I've never seen this
happen before in any PC. It would consistently re-boot around the 2 minute
mark.

I've lowered the dram frequency from 133 to 100 and so far it has been
stable - no re-boots or memory errors reported yet, but I'm concerned that
this new memory would cause re-boots whereas the previous sdram didn't
(although it had errors).

Shouldn't I be able to run at 133 without problems? The PC is running nice
and cool with an Athlon XP 1800+

Thanks for any opinions

  • A7V133 memory problems
    ... A memtest showed the memory had become faulty. ... replacement memory from Crucial (same sort of SDRAM), ... would re-boot after 2 minutes of running memtest. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: 5.0.6a streams leak - HELP
    ... (when the server looses sooo much memory you have ... > re-boot, is there a way to monitor the amount of memory being lost? ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Error Message on WinXP Boot
    ... I start or re-start (bott or re-boot) WinXP SP2. ... memory could not be "written". ...
  • Virtual Memory
    ... Universal Fix All - re-boot. ... Good Luck! ... >Keep getting a msg telling me my virtual memory is low. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)