A8N-Sli Premium Ram or Mobo
- From: Ray <black_bart100@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 14:48:02 -0500
I have 2 X 1Gb of PC3200 OCZ valueram that I've been trying to get to run stably with this board, it doesn't show any errors in memtest but if I run Prime or SuperPi it will end up with an error message that would seem to be related to the memory. I took the OCZ out and replaced it with 2 X 512Mb of Kingston Valueram and it seems a bit better. Still can put up errors in Prime and SuperPi at times. I don't know a lot about clocking and timings so I'm hoping that someone here will take me by the hand and help me resolve this issue, step by step.
One thing that I have done is to lower the multiplier to 10.5 and that seems to have helped stability using the Kingston ram. I have an RMA for the OCZ ram, but their techs don't think that's the problem but they'll check it anyway for me.
Because I'm having almost the same problem with the Kingston makes me wonder if there is a problem with the motherboard itself. Is there someway I can either get running or identify the problem?
I have the latest bios and drivers.
- Prev by Date: Re: Hi, i bought a new drive with ncq tech and ....
- Next by Date: Re: A7V133 memory problems
- Previous by thread: Re: A8N-SLI Premium - two issues
- Next by thread: Re: A8N-Sli Premium Ram or Mobo