Re: Need USB 2.0 drivers for Compaq system

In article <nb4Df.70622$Q11.32693@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "JM"
<jm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got a Compaq SR1463CL computer with an ASUS K8S-LA (OEM board for
> Compaq) motherboard (SIS 760/964 chipset). Where can I find the USB 2.0
> drivers? I do not have any Compaq disks. I've looked on the Compaq, SIS,
> and Asus websites, but I didn't find the USB 2.0 drivers. It's entirely
> possible that I'm just missing it. Can someone help me out?
>
> thank you,
>
> jm

http://www.sis.com/support/support_faqs_15.htm

"Q: Where can I get the USB2.0 driver?

A: Microsoft authorized SiS of using the USB2.0 driver in a
CD format only, rather than being download from website. So ,
we don't provide it on the website for download. If you need
it , please visit Microsoft website ( http://www.microsoft.com )
for more information."

You need the right Service Pack to get USB2 drivers, but don't
expect the information to be easy to find on the Microsoft
site (I never seem to find anything I need on there, information
wise).

http://www.usbman.com/USB%202%20News.htm

Paul

  • Re: Application crash analysis
    ... circumstances without any indication of the reason. ... Google Earth 3 & 4 do this if I enter a location in the search box. ... Never get drivers from Windows Update. ... The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Driver problems on new system.
    ... > Have you checked for an updated BIOS at Asus's website? ... > drivers on their site too. ... > I'd also suggest testing the RAM. ... >>I'm cool with doing a total new install, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Scrolling with SP2 installed
    ... It isn't smooth like it was before installation. ... Install updated drivers for your video card. ... The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; ... Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP does not recognize my integrated Ethernet adapter
    ... You need drivers for the motherboard, video, audio, ... The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; ... Advisor or System Information for Windows. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: screen vanishes
    ... The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; ... Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers. ... Advisor or System Information for Windows. ... If updating the drivers doesn't work, your video card may be failing. ...