RAID drive not working.

Using a P4C-800E. Both drives are powered and working, I did a diagnostic
on them. When I turn on my computer and it checks the array...it flashes
and says "offline". I went into the utility and it showed that one drive
was connected to the array, while the other one it showed as "free". But,
when I try to rebuild the array, it tells me "failed or is disconnected".
So, it won't even let me rebuild the array and start from scratch. Any
ideas? This is driving me crazy. Been have tempted to not even use a RAID
drive it's been so frustrating.

Thanks,
Craig

.