RAID drive not working.

Using a P4C-800E. Both drives are powered and working, I did a diagnostic
on them. When I turn on my computer and it checks the array...it flashes
and says "offline". I went into the utility and it showed that one drive
was connected to the array, while the other one it showed as "free". But,
when I try to rebuild the array, it tells me "failed or is disconnected".
So, it won't even let me rebuild the array and start from scratch. Any
ideas? This is driving me crazy. Been have tempted to not even use a RAID
drive it's been so frustrating.

Thanks,
Craig

  • Re: best practice for hard drive upgrade
    ... pulled 2nd 250, rebuilt array, and ended up with a 250gb array. ... Apparently this RAID card - promise tx4310 - will not resize the array. ... If the original array consisted of 36GB drives a, ... Plug in one of your 500's and rebuild the array between the 250 and it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot
    ... Squeeze, AFAIK, don't do automatic alignment on AF drives. ... Those who want to boot from disks in an md array ... arrays from bare AF disks avoids partition misalignment. ... Local SGI XFS ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: LSI Logic SATA Raid Restore
    ... The drives are identical. ... AFAIK it is a LSI Logic Raid chip - It's a Fujitsu Siemens Econel 40 Server. ... I did a "rebuild" from the BIOS menu. ... I am assuming that the array is not properly rebuilding and the data is not ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • [Summary] saving disksuite info while rebuilding server
    ... "Caution - If a full install of Solaris is performed, ... make sure you have tape backups of everything. ... I had an old workgroup storage array with six 18G drives formatted RAID5 ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot
    ... misalignment on advanced format drives. ... That 800TB is carved up into a handful of multi-hundred TB XFS ... A single level md striped array is any linux raid containing disks. ...
    (Debian-User)