Re: Asus A8N-SLI & Athlon X2 Dual Core

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:38:20 GMT, "Graham Prout"
<graham.prout@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>But how do you activate the 2nd core in windows?

Automagically, assuming winXP or 2000, of course. WinMe and below need
not apply. Windows XP Pro supports multiple processors inc.dual-core
and I believe Win XP Home supports dual-core.. dunno whether the
support was added as Windows Update patch or not.... To verify
dual-core support check in Device Manager. You should see both cores
as two identical instances in Device Manager under "Processors". If
you installed WinXP originally with a single-core processor, it should
go through the usual hardware auto-recognition sequence first reboot
after a dual-core upgrade.

John Lewis

.