Re: ASUS Cool and Quiet Verion?

Thanks for the article! I now have this feature working! After building a
new system with windows XP and installing the CnQ driver that came with the
new A8N32SLI mb, this feature did not work. Of course I did not know about
the issue of setting the power options to Minimal Power Management since it
was not in the manual. ASUS really should have a more detailed manual!

One last thing! I did have to uninstall the CnQ application and then
install the latest driver V1.2.2.2 from the web, then reinstall the CnQ
application that came with the mb cd to get this to work. My CPU temp
droped from 43 degrees C to 37 in idle.

Thanks again to all of you for your help
Randy

"EdG" <spammerz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Windows XP, When you set Power Options to Minimal Power Management
> AMD's CnQ is then Enabled, any other power selected and it's turned off.
>
> http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/Cool_N_Quiet_Installation_Guide3.pdf
>

> On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 09:52:21 -0800, "Randy" <raricks2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>OK, I must be really missing something because I don't see anywhere in the
>>manual (lastest download) about setting the windows power correctly. All
>>it
>>says is to enable it in the bios.
>>
>>"Mark A" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> "Randy" <raricks2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Are you talking about the CnQ GUI monitor that tells you the CPU speed?
>>> That is irrelevant and it does not matter which version you have.
>>>
>>> In order to enable CnQ, you must configure Windows Power correctly (in
>>> addition to setting it up in the bios). It is documented in your Asus
>>> user
>>> manual. You can download the manual if you don't have the paper version.

  • Re: bios throttling and cool-n-quiet
    ... Cool-N-Quiet and processor throttling. ... I have CNQ set to Auto and Power ... You also need the AMD processor driver installed for CnQ to work. ... I have the AMD processor driver already and CnQ did work before very well. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: bios throttling and cool-n-quiet
    ... Cool-N-Quiet and processor throttling. ... I have CNQ set to Auto and Power ... Management set to "minimal power management" ... You also need the AMD processor driver installed for CnQ to work. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: XP freeses up Outlook and Network connection
    ... It is a Dell inspirion laptop. ... > is to power down and reset it. ... If you are running Windows ME or XP, ... the most recent System Restore point from the More ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Computer wont start and 16 bit Windows Subsystem
    ... installation, which gave us both new desktops profiles. ... This first problem started about a week after I downloaded Windows Update ... the power button on front of the tower, ...
  • Re: Computer wont start and 16 bit Windows Subsystem