Re: A7N8X-X hangs at DMI pool verification

Draggonfodder wrote:

I goofed. I bought a new HD (segate 120 gig) and booted from my XP pro disk for install. I then decided not to format from the XP pro disk as I have had problems in the past getting the full size of the HD. So I aborted, put in my Segate Utilities CD and rebooted. It hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data". I have tried everything (rebooting, resetting BIOS, etc.) Any suggestions??? Yes, I tried putting the xp pro cd back in...

John

Some reference material:

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/computer/dmi.html

http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/FixWin/UpDown/hangat.htm

Good luck.

  • Re: A7N8X-X hangs at DMI pool verification
    ... I then decided not to format from the XP pro disk as I have had problems in the past getting the full size of the HD. ... I have tried everything (rebooting, resetting BIOS, etc.) Any suggestions??? ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • A7N8X-X hangs at DMI pool verification
    ... I bought a new HD (segate 120 gig) and booted from my XP pro disk ... I then decided not to format from the XP pro disk as I have ... I have tried everything (rebooting, resetting BIOS, etc.) Any ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Glitch while updating
    ... it on it is in a continual loop of rebooting itself. ... If you attempted to perform a repair install, that would have been a reasonable thing to do, but had you perfomed a format and fresh install, all your data would have been lost, so it's actually good that it failed. ... The problem you described could be caused by a hardware problem ...
  • Re: Upgrade to XP Pro
    ... But when I try to install I get error message that the ... > date of my XP Pro disk is older than the OEM date and stops installation. ... > I purchases the XP pro disk shortly before I purchased the computer to ... > Pro to set up the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Winxp activation
    ... Went and bought a XP pro disk oem disk and installed and has been working just fine for the last 3 years. ... Install went fine, however when trying to activate, changed the product key back to the original XP PRo disk version that I bought. ... MS automated activation says the key does not match after trying the new installation numbers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)