A7N8X-E failure?

I noticed that my memory wasn't running at full speed and thought I
would speed it up in the BIOS. Shouldn't of attempted it when home
from work, tired and kids about, but I did. Anyway I think I increased
the FSB to 200MHz (I have Athlon XP 2800)and so when I tried to boot
got a POST about CPU overclocking. Tried to restart again and got the
same. I now dont get any POST and PC won't start. I have tried
resetting the CMOS. How can I get it started? If not what is the most
likely thing to have been killed?

  • Re: Hibernate comes on by itself?
    ... >> BIOS is an acronym for basic input/output system. ... CMOS is a widely used type of semiconductor. ... >> non-volatile memory so that they are preserved even when the machine ... >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ...
  • Bios Information Leakage
    ... Feedback from Bios Manufacturers: None ... - Physical memory access applyed to Keyboard buffer access ... faults which led to random memory dumps. ... infos concerning the CMOS role, ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Hibernate comes on by itself?
    ... > BIOS is an acronym for basic input/output system. ... > CMOS is short for complementary metal oxide semiconductor. ... > CMOS is the physical computer chip that holds the BIOS settings in memory. ...
  • Re: Vista Wont POST or Boot After BIOS Mod
    ... This will remove any memory of changes that may be being held by a trickle of power (clearing cmos via jumper should work, but sometimes things don't do what they're supposed to). ... P35T-DQ6 m/b, Award BIOS V6.00PG, Intel E6750 cpu). ...
  • Re: A7N8X-E failure?
    ... Tell me how you resetted CMOS. ... One possibility is your bios data might have gone bad. ... In any case, if you do get your pc up and running again, leave memory speed ... if you use 166MHz fsb. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)