Re: P4PE and 3.06HT Problems

I have a P4PE motherboard running the P4 3.06 GHz CPU and I have it
correctly identified and it works correctly. But I am using the original
BIOS that came with it. You may want to try reverting to an earlier BIOS
version.

--
DaveW

"NRS" <nrsjunkmail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I just installed a 3.06GHz P4 with HT. I am running P4PE Rev. 1.03 with
> the latest 1007 BIOS. On post the screen shows 2 1.60GHz CPUs (not 2
> 3.06 GHz CPUs like I expected). There is a Power Hardware alert that
> indicates VCore is low at 1.26V. The system boots into WinXP and is
> totally stable but Windows indicates that the chip is a 3.06GHz Pentium
> 4 running at 1.60GHz.
> Needless to say this is NOT OK. I checked the Intel Frequency ID
> Utility (dowloaded from Intel) and it too indicates a 3.06GHz Pentium 4
> running at 1.60 GHz. I have an Antec 400W Power supply. I tried
> disconnecting all drives except the BOOT drive and a graphics card with
> this CPU. Same problem occurs. I am stumped. Is my power supply to
> blame? I doubt its the chip. Is it the P4PE Voltage Regulator?
> I have a "spare" P4PE-X and hooked it up with that exact same
> results (that is a 1.03 Revisision board running 1007 Award BIOS as
> well). I researched the ASUS site and it says that my board is fully
> capable of running the Intel 3.06Ghz P4 with HT.
>
> I have tried the following:
>
> LATEST BIOS
> CHECKED MY BOARD REVISION
> WIN XP Runs STABLE
> SWAPPED BOARDS AND STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
>
> Thanks in Advance.

  • Re: Help - boot up problem - followup
    ... is seen at boot up and Windows setup procedure starts. ... At setup screen, chose option to install ... read somewhere that that was probably a result of BIOS settings, ... As Paul suggests possibly changing the bios chip, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: IBM Intellistation power problem
    ... the time and date in the bios and then bang!>>> power off it goes.. ... The bios on the motherboard I received has a very old version and a new ... with the replacement is that the bios chip is different on each board. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Some RAM confusion.
    ... I'v read some stuff about flashing it could wipe out your system and is not recommended or supported by the manufactures or web-sites I read about it. ... BIOS flash chip. ... the BIOS chip sits in a socket. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: P5LD2 Deluxe - anyone use? - BIOS for Intel 930
    ... boards with BIOS that won't support the 930 which has been out for about 6 ... Only reading out the contents of the chip, ... a programmer, would give you some idea as to what's up. ... then pull the flash chip out (with ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: p4p800-vm
    ... bios recovery. ... "NVRAM - Non-Volatile Random Access Memory ... backed RAM, and the DMI/ESCD area in the flash chip. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)