P4PE and 3.06HT Problems

I just installed a 3.06GHz P4 with HT. I am running P4PE Rev. 1.03 with
the latest 1007 BIOS. On post the screen shows 2 1.60GHz CPUs (not 2
3.06 GHz CPUs like I expected). There is a Power Hardware alert that
indicates VCore is low at 1.26V. The system boots into WinXP and is
totally stable but Windows indicates that the chip is a 3.06GHz Pentium
4 running at 1.60GHz.
Needless to say this is NOT OK. I checked the Intel Frequency ID
Utility (dowloaded from Intel) and it too indicates a 3.06GHz Pentium 4
running at 1.60 GHz. I have an Antec 400W Power supply. I tried
disconnecting all drives except the BOOT drive and a graphics card with
this CPU. Same problem occurs. I am stumped. Is my power supply to
blame? I doubt its the chip. Is it the P4PE Voltage Regulator?
I have a "spare" P4PE-X and hooked it up with that exact same
results (that is a 1.03 Revisision board running 1007 Award BIOS as
well). I researched the ASUS site and it says that my board is fully
capable of running the Intel 3.06Ghz P4 with HT.

I have tried the following:

LATEST BIOS
CHECKED MY BOARD REVISION
WIN XP Runs STABLE
SWAPPED BOARDS AND STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Thanks in Advance.

  • Re: 1GB RAM is missing.
    ... my system boots in 40 seconds - I am amazed. ... My problem is I want to use 4GB RAM at full power, ... I must use 3GB to make my system booting quickly.(not only booting, ... This problem was for both windows and linux boxes so it was hardware. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: 1GB RAM is missing.
    ... my system boots in 40 seconds - I am amazed. ... My problem is I want to use 4GB RAM at full power, ... I must use 3GB to make my system booting quickly.(not only booting, ... This problem was for both windows and linux boxes so it was hardware. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: X Server will Not load
    ... > back to it and when i went to load it up the X server would not load ... You've got a Laptop with FC4 installed on it? ... When you worked with it you had no power cable, ... After restarting the system the system boots, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Dell 8200 Wont turn on
    ... it beeps and shuts down. ... If you do not have any sophisticated electronics test gear, the easiest thing to do is to try another known good P4 ATX12v power supply. ... If the system boots, then you replace the old power supply. ... And I have one spare working Dimension 8200 motherboard available here, 'cause I just have not had the time to sell it on eBay. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • DEC 3000 M 400 ASIC error
    ... I'm getting the following during the power on tests on my hobbyist ... DEC 3000 M 400 Alpha: ... System boots and runs fine, just won't autoboot because of the error. ...
    (comp.os.vms)