P4PE and 3.06HT Problems

I just installed a 3.06GHz P4 with HT. I am running P4PE Rev. 1.03 with
the latest 1007 BIOS. On post the screen shows 2 1.60GHz CPUs (not 2
3.06 GHz CPUs like I expected). There is a Power Hardware alert that
indicates VCore is low at 1.26V. The system boots into WinXP and is
totally stable but Windows indicates that the chip is a 3.06GHz Pentium
4 running at 1.60GHz.
Needless to say this is NOT OK. I checked the Intel Frequency ID
Utility (dowloaded from Intel) and it too indicates a 3.06GHz Pentium 4
running at 1.60 GHz. I have an Antec 400W Power supply. I tried
disconnecting all drives except the BOOT drive and a graphics card with
this CPU. Same problem occurs. I am stumped. Is my power supply to
blame? I doubt its the chip. Is it the P4PE Voltage Regulator?
I have a "spare" P4PE-X and hooked it up with that exact same
results (that is a 1.03 Revisision board running 1007 Award BIOS as
well). I researched the ASUS site and it says that my board is fully
capable of running the Intel 3.06Ghz P4 with HT.

I have tried the following:

LATEST BIOS
CHECKED MY BOARD REVISION
WIN XP Runs STABLE
SWAPPED BOARDS AND STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Thanks in Advance.

  • Re: 1GB RAM is missing.
    ... my system boots in 40 seconds - I am amazed. ... My problem is I want to use 4GB RAM at full power, ... I must use 3GB to make my system booting quickly.(not only booting, ... This problem was for both windows and linux boxes so it was hardware. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: 1GB RAM is missing.
    ... my system boots in 40 seconds - I am amazed. ... My problem is I want to use 4GB RAM at full power, ... I must use 3GB to make my system booting quickly.(not only booting, ... This problem was for both windows and linux boxes so it was hardware. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • DEC 3000 M 400 ASIC error
    ... I'm getting the following during the power on tests on my hobbyist ... DEC 3000 M 400 Alpha: ... System boots and runs fine, just won't autoboot because of the error. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • DEC 3000 M 400 ASIC error
    ... I'm getting the following during the power on tests on my hobbyist ... DEC 3000 M 400 Alpha: ... System boots and runs fine, just won't autoboot because of the error. ...
    (comp.sys.dec)
  • Re: X Server will Not load
    ... > back to it and when i went to load it up the X server would not load ... You've got a Laptop with FC4 installed on it? ... When you worked with it you had no power cable, ... After restarting the system the system boots, ...
    (Fedora)