Re: P4P800-E Deluxe users - please help!

Did you install the drivers for the card

its a 3com 3c940 gigabit ethernet (a marvell chip)

you need the drivers from the asus website, trying to force install the
marvell drivers wont work

"Horace" <hombre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 18:39:06 -0700, Mistoffolees wrote:
>
>> Horace wrote:
>>
>>> I have a clean install xp-pro(sp-2), and can not install any drivers for
>>> PCI devices. (nic card included).Did someone have such problem already?
>>> This mobo is brand new from the shop...I have already tried here:
>>> http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=63447 but without any
>>> luck
>>> regarding solution. USB devices working fine...Thanks!
>>
>> Administrator privileges might be required. Do you have
>> them and are you logged in as an administrator?
>
> Thanx on reply. Yes.Any other suggestion?

  • Re: P4P800-E Deluxe users - please help!
    ... These could range from an add-on card to on-board devices... ... >you need the drivers from the asus website, trying to force install the ... >>> Administrator privileges might be required. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: System slow afer XP-SP2 Update on some applications
    ... Updated your video/sound card hardware drivers from the manufacturers' web ... Many problems just became more noticable with SP2, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: New xP, microphone no longer works
    ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ... You have a video card that allows you to see on ... a sound card that allows you to hear your PCs sound output and ...
  • Re: SP2 a joke!
    ... >had some problems with my sound card after update to ... >> Your hardware drivers likely need updating anyway. ... >> suggestions for third party applications to do this ... >> ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ...
  • Re: New PC - everything supported by Fedora Core 3 ?
    ... I ended up using a Mad Dog FX 5500 PCI based video card. ... With this combination the Nvidia drivers loaded and worked with very ... The biggest problem I had was with the on board ethernet controller. ... I am using only SATA type hard drives. ...
    (Fedora)