Re: BTX is coming

"John Lewis" <john.dsl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:42ed6aa8.26249271@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 07:41:28 -0400, Husky <cbminfo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Very very soon. Before you dump big bux into a NEW ATX that will be old in
>>just
>>a few weeks, do some shopping around looking at BTX.
>>
>>--
>>more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
>

> Husky, please elucidate the technical virtues of BTX, other than
> keeping Intel blazing-inferno-dual-core CPUs cooler. Doesn't help
> cool the video card partly in the path of the hot exhaust air from the
> CPU block. BTX benefit to Intel 100%; benefit to the purchaser trying
> to put an efficient air-cooled performance-system together is -100%
> Over to you.............
>
> John Lewis

I just googled BTX form factor myself out of curiosity and it the main
benefits I can
determine are Better cooling for processor by standardizing where the
processor has to
be and it is slightly larger (biggest BTX board) and dumps legacy
ports/slots.

In other words not needed if you already have a Good tower. My case sits at
26 -28 C,
plenty cool.

Here is a great link for more technical info:
http://www.formfactors.org/

  • Re: BTX is coming
    ... Before you dump big bux into a NEW ATX that will be old in just ... BTX is due out in a few weeks. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: BTX is coming
    ... Before you dump big bux into a NEW ATX that will be old ... BTX is due out in a few weeks. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: BTX is coming
    ... >>> Husky, please elucidate the technical virtues of BTX, other than ... >> I just googled BTX form factor myself out of curiosity and it the main ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: BTX is coming
    ... do some shopping around looking at BTX. ... Husky, please elucidate the technical virtues of BTX, other than ... keeping Intel blazing-inferno-dual-core CPUs cooler. ... BTX benefit to Intel 100%; ...