Re: Question about multiple monitors

"Charlie Hoffpauir" wrote:
"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

"Charlie Hoffpauir" wrote:
Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:

I presently have two monitors, and am wondering if it's possible to
run three. My motherboard (Foxconn P45A-S) seems to support dual video
cards. I have a Gigabyte GV-NX96T512HP (GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB) card
now. Is it possible to just add another card to drive the 3rd monitor?
will Windows (I have Vista, but am thinking of going to 7 Pro)
recognize the 3rd monitor automatically?

Thanks for all the replies. Yesterday I picked up a cheap video card
from Fry's ($10 if I get the $25 rebate), popped it in and now have 3
monitors working! The second card is an EVGA branded GeForce 8400GS
that's working fine with my original GeForce 9600GT.

Quick question: Do all 3 monitors display the same screen contents?

*TimDaniels*

Well no... what would be the purpose of that?

Ummm... board games with 3 players?

I typically am working on genealogy information, and have one 19" in
portrait mode (ie vertical) open in a word processor or my e-mail, one
23" open in a web browser and the other 23" open in my genealogy
program.

OK - 3 monitors, each showing a unique screen. Now I'm impressed.
Do you use a KVM and a single keyboard to selectively control the
display of each monitor, or do you have 3 monitor/keyboard pairs,
or do you use some other layout?

*TimDaniels*

  • Re: redhat vs debian
    ... I think maybe in terms of video games Linux is week, ... I have UT 2003 and did successfully install it on my RH linux box. ... Finally I switched back the original video card and rebooted. ... monitor and the gforce card. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Multiple Video Cards and Monitors - Dapper
    ... I've been trying to get a multiple monitor/video card setup working ... Load "bitmap" ... Identifier "Generic Keyboard" ... Identifier "NEC Monitor" ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Video card (?) failure
    ... analog monitor, plugged into the analog jack on the same card, works. ... Sounds like a video card problem. ... | return to the empty black screens. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Dual monitor PCI Express video cards
    ... I have to get a new video card. ... They have DVI connectors on the back. ... Dual monitor PCI Express cards? ... The DVI-I can be single link DVI or dual link DVI ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: LINK, HDCP is blocking Hi-Def from current computers in both graphic cards and monitors.
    ... The latest chipsets from NVidia and ATI, but the card maker's themselves don't implement it. ... The origin of this mess is a new indispensable norm called HDCP, ... Protection Protocol) verifies with the graphic card bios to check if it is ... your monitor will have to be eligible. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)