- From: Nil <rednoise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:35:10 -0400
I've been using an el cheapo Belkin mouse on my Windows XP desktop
machine for the past couple of years, which actually felt pretty good,
I realize now in hindsight. I was forced to give it away recently and
have been using a no-name spare since then, and I absolutely hate it.
So, I'm shopping for a good new one.
I want a wired, non-ball-type mouse, fairly large to fit my large
hands, with a scroll wheel that can be configured to push for a double-
click. Solid feel, maybe a little on the heavy side. Don't need a bunch
of extra buttons. Must be able to do both USB and PS/2 connections.
I bought a Microsoft "Comfort Optical Mouse 3000" that was on sale for
a mere $8 at Staples yesterday, but I'm going to return it. It meets my
basic criteria pretty well, but I don't like its feel - the scroll
wheel has no ratchets, which makes it harder to control, and wheel is
difficult and finicky to push down (you have to do it at a precisely
awkward angle or it doesn't register.)
So, does anyone have a favorite that they would like to recommend? I'd
spend up to maybe $40 USD, though cheap is best.
- Prev by Date: Re: Gigabyte motherboards install spyware crap on your machine
- Next by Date: Tom's Hardware Guide - Readers' Choice Awards
- Previous by thread: Re: Clarification on memory slots.
- Next by thread: Re: Mouse!