Re: What is the latest free temp monitor

On Jan 30, 12:08 am, Metspitzer <kilow...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:00:19 -0500, Metspitzer <kilow...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I took my cover off my computer to record the alarm sound it makes
occasionally and the alarm quit. So I guess that means it is getting
too hot.

It was a faint alarm that made about 5 beeps in a row, pause and about
5 beeps in a row again.

I guess I need a temp monitor. What do you guys use?

I sprayed some compressed air into the CPU fan as the vents were very
clogged.

It seems to have helped a lot.

Hitting it with a hammer or blowing on it is about the only thing I
knew to do. Glad one of those worked. :)

Thanks everyone

I've an old squirrel-cage fan setup (the fan is a 2" tall circular
spinning wall inside the heat wicking apparatus). Not so easy to
clean with air (have a 60gal. 220v air compressor). Tooth brush and
soft-bristle parts brush, and a bowl of alcohol, or was that
several . . . . Assuming the bearings are sealed, anyway, cleaned up
nicely and runs like a champ after well over 5 years usage on it. Not
that it's any better for the wear then or now, just an eyesore that
was turning into a rodent-sized fuzzball. My hands were stained
yellow for a day or two after the cleaning. And 52C is normal when not
"pushing" - encodes, usually, batching processing multiples of
soundtracks through normalization and whatnot. 80F ambient, which may
reach slightly over 100 during the hottest summer.

  • Re: What is the latest free temp monitor
    ... I sprayed some compressed air into the CPU fan as the vents were very ... soundtracks through normalization and whatnot. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: CPU temperature Thinkpad R61
    ... I just wondered why my fan always runs after a while. ... Also are the air ... I am aware of that dust thing, ... Before someone mentions compressed air, let me tell you that you ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: New Case and Water Cooling Required. I think.
    ... My only real problem was that I needed to install everything in a horizontal case, which meant low clearance for the processor cooling fan. ... that might be air conditioning for example). ... And, if the hoses leak (and the hoses use water with dye in it), how do you ... is the hot air has only moved a couple inches from the CPU! ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Indoor Shooting and Lead Exposure
    ... # # Don't you remember all news about Chinese toys imported to the U.S. ... just installing a strong fan won't do it. ... Post 1977 paint mfrs. ... only if there is an additional 900 CFM of air is introduced into the ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Is a ZEN 300 badly designed only or the FSP is a bad designer and does not notice "small" malfun
    ... crackling sound 10 times rarer, but still makes the monitor screen ... Perhaps a Seasonic with a fan, ... There should be an air intake vent, located near the disk drive, so ... which was accompanied with a slight monitor screen image trembling. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)