Re: Thoughts on video, please

Loren Pechtel <lorenpechtel hotmail.invalid.com> wrote:

This box is getting troublesome and it's about time to replace
it.

I do play RTS and MMORPG games but not FPS games.

I am currently running three monitors on two video cards.

I'm looking for something good but definitely not bleeding edge.

What should I be looking for?

As you know, Real-Time Strategy (RTS) is heavy on CPU. But it can
strain a video card too. I would consider a big monitor(s) instead
of multiple monitors. That is how I went last time, with a 26 inch
LCD. But you have not said whether you want to keep the
monitors... A huge monitor works wonders for full screen games.

Definitely quad core (or better) CPU. Good power supply and
cooling. If I were you, I would ask, and include more detail about
what you want, in the strategic gaming group.

comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic

They can use the activity.

  • Re: Thoughts on video, please
    ... I do play RTS and MMORPG games but not FPS games. ... I am currently running three monitors on two video cards. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Thoughts on video, please
    ... I do play RTS and MMORPG games but not FPS games. ... I am currently running three monitors on two video cards. ... asking in the video card groups. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • trying to understand the interplay between video cards and 3 monitors in linux
    ... video cards and 3 monitors work. ... presumibly I need two video cards like the ... These video cards I'm talking about use the NVidia chipset? ... to install ubuntu linux. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Warehouse raid & price check
    ... had a building with a bunch of old games that he might sell and gave ... He had 3 6100 xy monitors there, ... I am selling all 3 to help offset the cost of the games I picked up. ... No body cares what you bought, ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting)
  • Re: Digital Tigers
    ... are used to drive four monitors. ... to test a current driver. ... So you'd want to buy video cards, ... the blue slot, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)