New build is dead
- From: Bob <daybob@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 05:09:04 -0700 (PDT)
I upgraded my computer yesterday. The green power light on my new
motherboard board comes on and the fans come on. The external power
and HDD lights come on and the lights on the external peripherals (DVD
writer, floppy, ZIP drive) flash. Then -- nothing. No video at all,
the screen just stays black, the power on the monitor button remains
yellow, and there are no beeps from the motherboard. The HDD does not
start to boot. The motherboard has on-board video, and I'm thinking
that's the problem. The CPU, the memory, and the power supply are
also new. Could any of those be a cause of no video and no beeps?
Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
CPU: AMD 905e Phenom II
Memory: Crucial, two 2GB DDR3 modules.
-- Bob Day
- Prev by Date: Info on connecting ssd drives to motherboards
- Next by Date: How do one detect/count the RPM of a fan actually?
- Previous by thread: Info on connecting ssd drives to motherboards
- Next by thread: Re: New build is dead