Re: the different between PC133 low density and PC133 high density?
- From: "larry moe 'n curly" <larrymoencurly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 05:12:00 -0700 (PDT)
On Oct 12, 7:54 pm, "larry moe 'n curly" <larrymoencu...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
i'm looking for some info regarding subject above.. i have an old
desktop pc Pentium III 800mhz (Intel Motherboard) that i'm going to
use as a gateway router but memory card seems to be my major problem...
not working and need to be replaced..
so i bought new 512mb but its not working, system freeze during boot
up.. so my friend suggest me to get PC133 256mb low density that
usually support backward compability with PC100/PC66 mhz..
does anyone know how to compare which is PC133 low density and which
is PC133 high density? recently i use PC100 32mb and PC100 64mb
brought em from a friend..
Also you may want to buy memory that's not only rated for PC133 but
also for PC100 because it will always work in your system. I don't
think "density" is the right word to describe the PC133 memory you
need because I had a 256MB module that wasn't fully recognized by my
Intel 440BX motherboard and probably not by my Intel 810i mobo,
either. It had 16 DRAM chips on it, just like the 256MB modules that
worked perfectly with those mobos, but instead of each chip being 16M
x 8b, each chip was 32M x 4b. Apparently what matters is for the
first number to be no higher than 16M.
I've never come across or heard of SDRAM that wont run at below rated
speed, assuming it works at all. In fact running sticks below rated
speed was a way to use up some sticks that failed at rated speed.
Apparently it's not the speed rating of PC100 that matters here but
its compatibility with the limit on the number of rows or columns.
- Prev by Date: Re: the different between PC133 low density and PC133 high density?
- Next by Date: Re: the different between PC133 low density and PC133 high density?
- Previous by thread: Re: the different between PC133 low density and PC133 high density?
- Next by thread: Re: the different between PC133 low density and PC133 high density?