Re: BesTech 300W power supply

Man-wai Chang to The Door (+MS=32B) wrote:

Is it a good one? I removed one from an old (more than 4 years) HP
Pavilion PC (hp4088hk).

Should I just throw it out of the window? :)

You may want to search www.badcaps.net/forum for "Bestec" for
discussions of problems with that brand of PSU, including this thread,
"The Bestec Mystery Solved", about their old 12E models, which include
250W and 300W units:

www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=79664&highlight=bestec#post79664

JonnyGuru did their autopsy of a 250W 12E series Bestec:

"Bestec does have other models out there that don't tend to fry
mainboards - it's this 12E model in particular that has single
handedly flushed their reputation down the commode."

www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&file=print&reid=154

They also did reviews of several cheap 300-650W PSUs below, and the
300W Delta could put out more power than some other brands rated for
much higher power:

www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&file=print&reid=71

.