Re: BesTech 300W power supply
- From: John Doe <jdoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 02 Oct 2009 05:59:51 GMT
Paul <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Man-wai Chang to The Door (+MS=32B) wrote:
I swapped in a Antec SmartPower 400W power supply for that PC.
Antec uses contract manufacturing.
And manufacturers use paid workers (except maybe in China).
Some other posters have commented on who makes their supplies.
At one time, it was Herolchi (HEC). Then it was ChannelWell
(CWT). And apparently lately, at least one from Delta. At least
one of the ChannelWell ones had bad capacitors (I owned one).
You got ripped off, so the Antec brand name means less to you.
So Antec product quality, really depends on who built the supply
for them. And many other companies are like Antec, contracting
out the manufacturing to others. Only a few make their own.
Chinese companies? With Chinese parts? Almost all electronic
components are made in China nowadays.
Maybe Antec is not all that great, but it is a brand name.
- Prev by Date: Re: BesTech 300W power supply
- Next by Date: Re: Removing Matrix RAID
- Previous by thread: Re: BesTech 300W power supply
- Next by thread: Re: BesTech 300W power supply