Boot process not starting
- From: "Lee Antony" <leemailx-leigh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:49:47 +0100
I've built PCs before and they always worked but maybe I was just lucky because all I'm trying to do now is update this XP Pro desktop with a new motherboard, cpu and video adapter and I can't get it to work.
When I push the power button all the fans come to life and spin for 14 seconds, then they stop for a few seconds and then start up again for 14 seconds. This repeats for as long as the power is on.
There are no beeps (chassis speaker tested and working) and the monitor does not register a video signal (monitor tested and working) so I don't know how to start troubleshooting this.
My first thought was overheating but I have checked the cpu cooler and thermal paste - all seems good. Also, the power supply outputs seem to have the the right numbers.
The new items that I'm trying to install are:
motherboard Asrock P45XE
cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
video Asus Radeon EAH4850.
I know I've read something somewhere about this stop/start symptom but danged if I can remember where I saw it. If you have any suggestions at all please fire them at me because right now I'm stuck.
Regards Lee Antony.
- Prev by Date: Flash drive not recognized when plugged into front USB port
- Next by Date: Re: Boot process not starting
- Previous by thread: Flash drive not recognized when plugged into front USB port
- Next by thread: Re: Boot process not starting