Re: Lost 1500 gigs - Thanks Seagate!

In message <MPG.247e5e65d5692b799897ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Conor
<conor_turton@xxxxxxxxxxx> was claimed to have wrote:

In article <9pi815p12239qaj8pulktrnt3j2l0l6qk3@xxxxxxx>, DevilsPGD
says...

In principle, Seagate dropping from 5 to 3 year warranties doesn't
inspire confidence. In practice, mine either die within the first 6
months, or are depreciated and pulled out of service due to need for
more capacity before they die.

So you've just countered your own statement.

Not at all.

A 5 year warranty is
pointless because they either die in the first 6 months or go on for
years.

Bingo -- I was pointing out that although a warranty decrease doesn't
fill me with a warm and fuzzy feeling about their product, recent
experience does, so as a result I'm still buying Seagate.

  • Re: Lost 1500 gigs - Thanks Seagate!
    ... In message Conor ... In practice, mine either die within the first 6 ... so as a result I'm still buying Seagate. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: how can i generate a White Gaussian Noise in Matlab 2009
    ... the theoretical result in practice is not always a good idea. ... numbers generated by that roll is whatever number came up on the die -- but ... standard die. ... becomes a delta function at zero. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: how can i generate a White Gaussian Noise in Matlab 2009
    ... > the theoretical result in practice is not always a good idea. ... > numbers generated by that roll is whatever number came up on the die -- but ... > standard die. ... becomes a delta function at zero. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: OT: Saw the Transformers Movie last night
    ... Anyone else notice the first and only autobot to die was the 'black' ... It's practically a running joke in action movies- ... believe they chose to continue the practice in this of all movies- and ... smashed off- magically he's repairable- but ol' Jazz. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Getting back to practicing
    ... but I almost feel like all the practice in the world won't help. ... a 12-sided die, and made a list of the 12 pieces I want in my permanent ... Using the drafting table I had in the basement makes a great work area! ... very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)