Re: Lost 1500 gigs - Thanks Seagate!

In message <MPG.247e5e65d5692b799897ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Conor
<conor_turton@xxxxxxxxxxx> was claimed to have wrote:

In article <9pi815p12239qaj8pulktrnt3j2l0l6qk3@xxxxxxx>, DevilsPGD
says...

In principle, Seagate dropping from 5 to 3 year warranties doesn't
inspire confidence. In practice, mine either die within the first 6
months, or are depreciated and pulled out of service due to need for
more capacity before they die.

So you've just countered your own statement.

Not at all.

A 5 year warranty is
pointless because they either die in the first 6 months or go on for
years.

Bingo -- I was pointing out that although a warranty decrease doesn't
fill me with a warm and fuzzy feeling about their product, recent
experience does, so as a result I'm still buying Seagate.
.