- From: "Mike Easter" <MikeE@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 06:30:18 -0700
How do I troubleshoot an intermittent shutdown problem?
The computer shuts down abruptly, usually very infrequently, occasionally
A year ago the problem was rarely observed, but at that time it was almost
always when an operating system initiated a restart. Instead of a
restart, the computer shut down and could not be turned back on with the
case front power switch without turning off the rear switch for a few
seconds. Then the problem would not be observed again for many weeks or
More recently the problem is seen under a variety of conditions, sometimes
during the POST, sometimes at the time of the OS startup sound. Today it
happened about 8 times in a row at various stages between POST and OS
startup. Currently it has been running without interruption for hours.
Won't all of the multimeter readings be expected to be normal during its
normal operation? Is is foolish to just 'arbitrarily' replace the PS?
- Prev by Date: Re: SATA - USB2 question
- Next by Date: Re: Intermittent shutdown
- Previous by thread: Using IDE hard drive with SATA DVD Drive
- Next by thread: Re: Intermittent shutdown