Re: What about LCD monitors?

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:55:46 -0400, "TVeblen" <killtherobots@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

"John Doe" <jdoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:wtrGl.24939$Ws1.9018@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any hands-on experienced opinions with LCD monitors? They are both
lighter and more energy efficient?

Not to hijack this thread, but, what is the consensus on leaving an
LCD on after shutting down the 'puter. Should you turn the monitor off
or just let it sit there in sleep mode? Which is best for the monitor?

--
The seabat
Filtering GoogleGroups & Goobers with extreme prejudice!

  • Re: Looking into LCD monitor
    ... All of the wide screen LCD monitors up through 20 ... inches are not tall enough. ... That gives you an LCD monitor that is viewable ... at the Sharp LCD-TV, which has a fairly high resolution, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: LCD Monitors?
    ... 450CD/M2 Brightness with VGA, DVI - D, S-VIDEO, Cable input. ... In order to plug that monitor I ... >> but the screens were still terribly washed out. ... or are LCD monitors really this sucky? ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: TFT Monitors (Re: Keepsake options questions)
    ... Modes" option on the adapter tab in Advanced Display Properties. ... default XP only lists "preferred modes." ... As far as I know most LCD monitors can also ... LCD monitor in some old DOS game he was looking at. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure)
  • Re: difference between 800:1 Contrast Ratio and dot pitch?
    ... I was aware of the response time, although I have nothing to compare it to. ... ratio would be adequate for an intensive game? ... > monitor on a gaming machine. ... LCD monitors work best in their ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??
    ... bought a 7" HDTV recently to add to the monitor & keyboard arm. ... bought this Dell Optiplex 620 small footprint to use with a 24" LCD ... I got the industrial mount for free. ... with four of the extra 19" LCD monitors, but it would be too big to move ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)