Re: Logitech SetPoint software malfunction?

Scrolling one screen at a time works great in various applications
on a clean installation of Windows XP SP3, until Logitech's SetPoint
software is installed.

Using Sysinternals Process Monitor, watching Logitech's Setpoint
software screwing around with the registry value WheelScrollLines. I
cannot even recognize an identifiable pattern, except that Setpoint
constantly changes the value from "-1" to a positive number, so that
applications cannot scroll one page at a time.

Apparently the registry key Desktop can be made read only to keep
Logitech from persistently changing the registry value
WheelScrollLines. That appears to be a half decent workaround,
depending on how often desktop registry settings need to be changed.

  • Re: Logitech SetPoint software malfunction?
    ... Using Sysinternals Process Monitor, watching Logitech's Setpoint ... software screwing around with the registry value WheelScrollLines. ... error window, you may at least find out *when* Logitech is accessing ... The screen does not scroll when the mouse wheel is rotated. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Upgrade 98 to XP Is it worth it?
    ... I was rude of me to reply with the tone that I did, ... considered it responding in kind - which should have been beneath me. ... keeping in mind that clean installation is overkill if ... The larger the registry the longer it takes to search. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: New MotherBoard
    ... drive and perform a clean installation. ... >> ASUS replaced it with a P4B533 motherboard. ... >> registry to ... but I deleted that with regedit in Win98 before changing ...
  • Re: Lsass.exe System error XP Home SP2
    ... > but this is the first system I have attempted to build. ... >> contain system's image of the Registry" ... >> corrupted file when Lsass.exe executes. ... did a clean installation and it fixed it in the end. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Do I need to reformat?
    ... XP Win Home installation. ... use of a registry cleaner, particularly by an untrained, inexperienced computer user, does any real good. ... What specific problem are you experiencing that you *know* beyond all reasonable doubt will be fixed by cleaning the registry? ... A clean installation would, by definition, replace everything. ...