Re: DVD-RW Drives - prices

Jim wrote:
I noticed lately while shopping for a replacement optical drive that
there is a significant price difference between the lowest and most
expensive drives with the same general specs (OEM, SATA, 22x etc.).
Can anyone explain why the higher prices? Looking at the
manufacturers specs it difficult to see any great difference.

Never really noticed a big difference in the prices of DVDRW's. Unboxed
OEM ones are usually <=£20 and boxed ones are usually about £25
--
SteveH

  • RE: Tape is Far More Expensive the DASD? (Was: State of the Mainframe - News Article)
    ... That's correct using 9GB drives. ... This is still significantly larger than two SATA drawers in a 19" rack. ... > Prices are really attractive. ... > have the licenses then you don't have all the features you described. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Where to get restore for XP
    ... When he called to complain about the OS dell offered him a FULL ... Microsoft can "mandate" the OEMs to provide a full ... I don't like what the OEM are doing any more than anyone ... Gotta go back to Dell and pay their exorbitant prices! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Too good to be true?
    ... Both the OEM version and the Upgrade version ... *can* do clean installations. ... I compare prices on C/Net Shopper and usually make a purchase based ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Can you put Pro upgrade over full version Home?
    ... so the prices seem to be much higher over here. ... Can I buy 1 full version of Home Ed. and 1 Home upgrade ... >And Windows XP Home is $199. ... Are you saying that OEM ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition prices too good to be true?
    ... I did look at the 'how to buy' page on Microsoft's SQL Server web site. ... So my question again is are these OEM versions legitimate? ... > After Froogling for the best prices, I've found a great descrepancy in ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)