Re: Memory only 2G not 4G
- From: "Ten Pin Bowling" <Pin1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:27:49 -0000
and you have difficulty reading, the poster has already been informed.....we
are not all clever dickies like you.
"VanguardLH" <V@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Have installed 2 * DDR2 800 in yellow slots of motherboard (M3N78 PRO)
it tells me I have only 2G
The memmory chips are Kingston KVR800D2N5K2/2G
Isn't it a 2x1GB kit ?
The total should be 2GB when both the 1GB modules are installed.
Have I been sold rubbish. The website where I bought these
(Microdirect.co.uk) reported them as 2G. I bought 2 of them 4G
Not their fault. The fault was that you cannot read the product
It says right in the specs: "2 x 1GB". You said you installed "2 * ..."
which means you installed only 2 memory sticks, not 4 of them. You did
NOT buy 2 "of them". You bought ONE kit that had 2 memory sticks in it
that gave a TOTAL capacity of 2GB.
You did not buy rubbish. The product you bought probably works
perfectly as the 2GB kit that it is, and which you proved by noting that
your computer detected the 2GB that you installed. Problem wasn't on
their end. Instead it was PEBCAK.
- Prev by Date: Re: Express Gate
- Next by Date: Re: Problem running system file checker....
- Previous by thread: Re: Memory only 2G not 4G
- Next by thread: Problem running system file checker....