Re: Memory only 2G not 4G

and you have difficulty reading, the poster has already been informed.....we
are not all clever dickies like you.

"VanguardLH" <V@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Des wrote:

Paul wrote:

Des wrote:
Have installed 2 * DDR2 800 in yellow slots of motherboard (M3N78 PRO)
it tells me I have only 2G
The memmory chips are Kingston KVR800D2N5K2/2G

Isn't it a 2x1GB kit ?
http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KVR800D2N5K2_2G.pdf
The total should be 2GB when both the 1GB modules are installed.

Have I been sold rubbish. The website where I bought these
(Microdirect.co.uk) reported them as 2G. I bought 2 of them 4G

Not their fault. The fault was that you cannot read the product
description.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/20684

It says right in the specs: "2 x 1GB". You said you installed "2 * ..."
which means you installed only 2 memory sticks, not 4 of them. You did
NOT buy 2 "of them". You bought ONE kit that had 2 memory sticks in it
that gave a TOTAL capacity of 2GB.

You did not buy rubbish. The product you bought probably works
perfectly as the 2GB kit that it is, and which you proved by noting that
your computer detected the 2GB that you installed. Problem wasn't on
their end. Instead it was PEBCAK.

  • Re: Memory only 2G not 4G
    ... Des wrote: ... Isn't it a 2x1GB kit? ... which means you installed only 2 memory sticks, ... You bought ONE kit that had 2 memory sticks in it ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Computer NG?
    ... hard drive you bought from Y, and the memory you bought from Z will ... but if their price is way off I go elsewhere. ... stores will have much better selections and prices than most big chain ... Multi format memory card reader. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: 18" Mitutoyo micrometer batteries
    ... I bought at a business store a 12 digit nixie 4 banger with memory for $600. ... NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Question installing forward controls on Dyna
    ... I only came to my senses this year and bought the Dyna. ... Just bought my first bike finally after having my lic. ... any recommendations for a reasonable priced kit for a 05 dyna FXDI? ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: z10BC Memory Upgrade All-But Impossible
    ... The sentention was that if you BOUGHT the hardware, then it is ALL YOURS and no feature can be limited by vendors locks in microcode. ... HOWEVER, when warranty expire, customer may request to unlock the device and since then he can do a maintenance on once own. ... Fortunately I still can buy memory to my PC without asking vendor for permission. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)