Re: 10/100 mbps network card recommendation?

paul_0090 wrote:
On 2009-01-15, Conor <conor_turton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <gkmapf$avu$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, paul_0090 says...
I think I need a pci network card to replace the onboard realtek gigabit
as the motherboard connector probably got damaged. Wondering what would
be a decent card that will work with linux; don't remember what the chip was
that was most useful/compatible. Had gotten rid of the the pci cards
when cleaning house....

Realtek 8139 chipset ones work with pretty much every OS out of the box.

Thanks, hope the box tells what chipset is being used.

That's the chip used in the two cards I mentioned.
.