Re: 10/100 mbps network card recommendation?

paul_0090 wrote:
On 2009-01-15, Conor <conor_turton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <gkmapf$avu$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, paul_0090 says...
I think I need a pci network card to replace the onboard realtek gigabit
as the motherboard connector probably got damaged. Wondering what would
be a decent card that will work with linux; don't remember what the chip was
that was most useful/compatible. Had gotten rid of the the pci cards
when cleaning house....

Realtek 8139 chipset ones work with pretty much every OS out of the box.

Thanks, hope the box tells what chipset is being used.

That's the chip used in the two cards I mentioned.

  • Re: U.S. Robotics Wireless MAXg PC Card USR805411
    ... > Help with links explaining wireless networks with Linux are welcome. ... You need to find out which chipset your card is. ... find out but I don't know whether that works for PC cards? ... However, it uses NDIS drivers. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: U.S. Robotics Wireless MAXg PC Card USR805411
    ... >> Help with links explaining wireless networks with Linux are welcome. ... > You need to find out which chipset your card is. ... > find out but I don't know whether that works for PC cards? ... These drivers ship with most Wifi cards, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: RFC: Sony Playstation-3 the next IBM PC?
    ... Will an AGP version be available? ... >Chip seems to support AGP, ... As the number of PCI-E PCs rises, obviously the AGP cards will die but does ... >It is nice to be able to 'plug in' but the connector of today is Ethernet ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)
  • Re: Linksys WMP11 with Fedora Core 2
    ... > Apperently cards with Prism GT chipset should work just fine with Linux ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: For Americans, Plastic Buys Less Abroad [Telecom]
    ... European banks developed cards ... limit in the chip so it knows when it's overdrawn. ... Chip and PIN has almost eliminated these frauds but unfortunately has ... Some banks also issue hand-held devices like pocket calculators which you ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)