Factory install os
- From: Claude Hopper <boobooililililil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:34:59 -0500
I noticed my new laptop bios (Compaq CQ50) had 2 gig of ram and 160 gig
hd. I upgraded the ram to 4 gig fine. It came with Vista home premium. I
upgraded the HD to 250 gig and tried to load OpenSuSE 11.0 as I also
tried Ubuntu 8.10 and tried to run Gparted. No linux programs will load
fully. I can't install any Linux. I noticed the bios states a factory
loaded OS = Vista and I can't change it. Is this laptop locked out of
any other installation?
Open stops installing after the Athros driver for wireless is installed.
I don't know what loads next, it just hangs there.
If this laptop is locked to one OS I want to sue the manufacturer. I
should be able to load anything I want on MY laptop. This was not stated
on the box.
Claude Hopper :)
? ? ¥
- Prev by Date: Looking for a PC-133 128MB SDRAM for my SOYO M/B
- Next by Date: Re: Single VelociRaptor or RAID 0
- Previous by thread: Looking for a PC-133 128MB SDRAM for my SOYO M/B
- Next by thread: Re: Factory install os