Re: For those of you using AVG and ZoneAlarm

GUEST wrote:
An update this week to AVG has been causing a raft of false
positives in
a few programs. One of these programs is zone alarm, and it
disables the
program. Restoring the entries from the virus vault does not fix
the
program, and you must uninstall and reinstall ZoneAlarm. Many
people
were lucky and didn't update during the time that the bad update
file
was there, and you won't notice any issues. If you can no longer
see
ZoneAlarm in your system tray and you run AVG you may have been
affected.

Ari

Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant.
Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor and literally save someone's life:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

I think zone alarm is causing my SWG
to crash, gonna upgrade and get NOD32 instead.... bummer....

  • Re: For those of you using AVG and ZoneAlarm
    ... An update this week to AVG has been causing a raft of false ... disables the ... spammage trappage: remove the underscores to reply ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Safe mode
    ... disables non-essential system extensions, ... I have a program which is misbehaving when the machine is ... Do I have to uninstall these to find out what's causing the ... So much is disabled in Safe Mode, that you could spend weeks trying to ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Safe mode
    ... disables non-essential system extensions, ... some extra checks at startup. ... Do I have to uninstall these to find out what's causing the ... So much is disabled in Safe Mode, that you could spend weeks trying to ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • "svchost.exe" crash
    ... Am running Win2K Prof. and within ten minutes after I log ... This disables a lot of services such as ... Windows, and recently put a new motherboard in, and I ... might be causing this? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)