Advantage of Graphics card vs. motherboard VGA built in?

I don't play PC games, so other then that is there really a reason to
put in a $100 graphic card in a PC other then utilizing the built in
VGA graphics on my ASUS motherboard. What types of applications if
any other then games would I notice a difference? Video Editing,
Photoshop, etc ????? Thanks.

  • nVidia MX420 64MB with TV OUT--First Try
    ... I've had my 4550 Dimension for 2 years now, no problems whatsoever, ... Solutions offered were to download the latest driver and then ... the graphic card before turning on the computer. ... But it was a blast to play the games on a much bigger ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Great deals at Frys today
    ... More impressive are the graphic card deals: ... recent nVidia flagship 8800GTX in most games with 8800GT 512 very ... With dual-core CPUs starting at $60, high-end PC gaming was never this ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Great deals at Frys today
    ... More impressive are the graphic card deals: ... adventure games, have a PCIe motherboard and don't want to spend too ... any game with remarkably high frame rates at ... So don't mistake the sub $200 price to think that you get ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure)
  • Re: Great deals at Frys today
    ... More impressive are the graphic card deals: ... adventure games, have a PCIe motherboard and don't want to spend too ... any game with remarkably high frame rates at ... So don't mistake the sub $200 price to think that you get ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure)
  • Re: What games have I missed?
    ... Its a great graphic card and will run ALL pc games released ... And yes all these games will run properly with your 9800 PRO, ... proper financial reward to the developer. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)