Re: Life span of typical power supply

Is there anything that has trigged that thought?
I would be thinking more if the mainboard, cpu, RAM, and graphics card are still keeping up with my needs on a 4 year old computer.

Fire reports from over-heated electrical appliances. Of course, cheap appliances might not be using good transformer circuits...

Should I replace the alternator on my 8 year old Toyota?
There is nothing specific that tells me to do that, but I should be changing the oil and oil filter after a specific mileage.

Have faith. 'If it ain't broke......'

Can't compare a power supply to a big car. Electronics vs electro-mechanical....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.5