Re: Vista32 and > 3 gig RAM
- From: "Dave" <noway@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:19:02 -0400
"TVeblen" <killtherobots@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Dave" <noway@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Dan C." <dantc721@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for the quick answers...
Think I will stay with XP for the near future, at least.
Thanks ....I will still install 4 gigs in my new build, If I
will only see 3 gigs of it.
Am going to install 2-- 2 gig sticks...hopefully It'll work.
Ok, for the thousandth time (can this be added to a FAQ?)
Is there a FAQ list for this group?
There should be. I'll start one:
1) My computer locks up on me at random times, especially when I'm running
my favorite game, or starting Windows. It seems to be OK usually (for a
while anyway) when I reboot, so I'm wondering if maybe my memory or possibly
my motherboard or video card is bad. What should I do?
A: Replace your failing power supply with a good name-brand power supply.
If you're not sure what power supply to buy, post your mainboard's exact
model number here and the experts in this ng will gladly offer some
That should be the number one FAQ permanently on the top of the list. IMHO
It seems that at least 80% (maybe more) of homebuilt systems experience this
exact problem sometime before they outlive their usefulness, for the simple
reason that most builders give little or NO thought to picking out the RIGHT
power supply to begin with. GIGO -Dave
- Prev by Date: Re: AMD appoints new CEO as losses continue
- Next by Date: Re: Cooling Questions for antec 1200, asus a8n32-sli, nvidia 7900 gtx. (antec 1200 fan/power/airflow questions.)
- Previous by thread: Re: Vista32 and > 3 gig RAM
- Next by thread: Re: Vista32 and > 3 gig RAM